I hope you are all spending the day with your family, or the ones you consider to be family. Today is about being with the ones you love and maybe even doing activities you don’t always get to do with them. Some include braving the frigid temperatures, while others will keep you toasty warm.
Here are some of my ideas for family day fun!
- Go sledding on one of those giant hills you routinely pass
- Break those skates in at the local skating rink, indoor or out
- Play a good old Canadian game of hockey-on the rink or on the street
- Head to the slopes for some skiing or snowboarding
- Build a snowman with all that fluffy white stuff we so graciously got
- Have a snowball fight. Family-friendly of course!
If you would like to stay cozy inside:
- Watch a movie you’ve never seen, or a classic that you haven’t watched in a while
- Try making a new recipe-for a snack, for dinner or for dessert. Let your imaginations go crazy
- Take out one of those board games that are shoved in a closet somewhere and have a bit of friendly competition
- Head to a local pool and show off your swimming skills
- Look through old family albums, or watch family films. It’s always fun seeing old outfits!
- Visit friends or family you haven’t seen in a while
- Plan a scavenger hunt. There are lots of great ideas online for clues
- Do some crafting, or DIY-ing that you keep meaning to do, but haven’t had the time to
- Write out a list of summer activities you’d like to do when the weather gets nice
- Enjoy a cup of hot chocolate while watching a tv show as a family
- Get a head start on the spring-cleaning. Sort through those closets to find things to donate
- Write a handwritten letter to an old friend, relative, or newfound pen pal
I hope this has given you all some ideas for family day activities. What are you all doing today? Comment on our Facebook page
Have a great family day!
-KTTC PR intern Jessica Brooks