Since 2003 the Kawartha Turtle Trauma Centre has been selling calendars to raise funds for our turtle rehabilitation program. This year we raised a thousand dollars – that’s enough to buy and equip 6 large turtle tanks (for housing painted, Blanding’s, Wood, or Map Turtles) with proper filtering and lighting!
Over the years the calendars have been designed by the Wildlife Club at the University of Guelph, Lazer Graphics in Peterborough, and most recently by biologist Joe Crowley. Joe’s research for Ontario Nature was recently featured in ON Nature Magazine, available online at http://www.ontarionature.org/onnature/earthwatch.html#7.
Every year the calendars are marketed by a dedicated group of centre volunteers, as well as several local stores. We’d like to thank the stores listed below for their continued support of the Kawartha Turtle Trauma Centre:
• Animalia (901 Lansdowne St W)
• Have You Seen (321 Aylmer St N)
• Pet-a-Rama (1080 Lansdowne St W)
• Paulmac’s (753 Lansdowne St W)
• Pet Valu (139 George St N)
• The Spill (414 George St N)
• Stickling’s Bakery & Bistro (191 Charlotte St)
• Titles Bookstore (379 George Street N)
• Wild Rock Outfitters (169 Charlotte St)
The KTTC is recruiting volunteers to help with next year’s calendar campaign as well as other fundraising initiatives. If you are interested in helping us raise funds to continue our conservation work please consider volunteering with the Kawartha Turtle Trauma Centre by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.