Written by Dr. Sue Carstairs, our Executive and Medical Director: A Kid’s Guide to Helping Endangered Creatures
This fully illustrated book reveals what steps can be taken to help turtles that are found injured or sick. Includes amazing behind-the-scenes photos and insight on how Dr. Carstairs repairs shattered shells, broken jaws, and injured skulls, nursing severely injured turtles back to health.
- behind-the-scenes look at medical procedures used to heal injured turtles. Some images show actual injuries and may not be suitable for a younger reader.
- how eggs are harvested, incubated and hatched
- raising and releasing baby turtles
- tagging and tracking turtles in the wild
- conservation efforts worldwide
- steps you can take to help turtles survive