Turtle Trauma Workshop
March 29, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
We’re sorry but registration for this workshop is now closed. If interested in a future workshop, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This workshop will be a full day program, and shall include a morning of lectures, and afternoon of hands-on practical experience. It will be of interest to veterinarians, veterinary technicians, rehabilitators and for anyone working with Ontario’s native turtles. The program includes an overview of:
- Turtle conservation both globally and locally
- The basics of turtle anatomy and physiology that make their approach to care different than mammals and birds
- Ontario’s turtle species
- Rehabilitation of turtles – stepwise approach to successful care
- Pizza Lunch provided (please let us know of any dietary restrictions; vegetarian options will be provided)
- Behind the scenes tour of OTCC’s facility
- Practical hands-on guide to turtle rehabilitation, utilizing cadavers to illustrate fracture repair techniques, and fluid therapy techniques
Cost: $95 per person (all proceeds donated to OTCC towards turtle care). If purchasing for more than one person, please list the name(s) of attendees in the notes section as you order.
Click here to purchase your reservation: Trauma Workshop